1. Maybe I’m a little out of the loop but I just heard the Framing Hanley cover of “Lollipop” last week and my ears are still bleeding. It’s just awful. What the hell were they thinking? What would make someone shit all over a perfectly good song like that? The rule for deciding whether you should cover a song is simple: if you can’t do it better, don’t do it. The Framing Hanley amendment to that rule is: seriously, just don’t.
2. In other music news, the Decemberists just released their new album The Hazards of Love. Hallelujah.
3. Hilarious, but kinda pathetic too:
At about the 2:45 mark, it gets ugly:
Charles, Barack Obama is president of the United States today because of stupid, ignorant people who think like you do. You pose — you and your ignorance are the most expensive commodity this country has. You think you know everything. You don’t know diddly-squat.
Is that any way to talk to a veteran?
4. I can’t help thinking lately that I’m never going to be anything more than a parody of my dad. And fighting it only makes it worse because that’s exactly what he would do. I’m so screwed.
5. A conversation I had with Smella this evening:
Smella (whining): I can’t walk!
Me: Why? What’s wrong?
S: I hut my weg!
M: How did you hurt your leg?
S: I bumped it and now I can’t walk!
M: Well, come over here and let me see it.
S (walking across the living room, not even limping): OK, daddy!
M (in my head): You fucking with me?