So, yeah, it’s been two weeks since my last post. Sorry about that. Here’s a list of things that have happened in the last fortnight.
1. Indianapolis had some freezing rain a couple days before Christmas. I was about two cars behind a Lexus that lost its shit and spun out of control and hit the wall on I-465 while we were all going about 8 mph. It was messy that day.
2. Christmas happened. I got a whistle-and-find remote control locater that is ultra-sensitive. It goes off about once every five minutes or so the entire time the kids are awake. That’s around 2000 times since I unwrapped it. It mainly functions as an alarm to let the kids know that they’re being too loud.
3. New Year’s happened. Blah.
4. Getting back into a regular routine is an ongoing project.
5. Remember three weeks ago when I was kicking myself for letting Smella play with the Wii? Well in the meantime, she has become an accomplished bowler. And she is unstoppable at boxing. Big D has never beaten her and it drives him crazy.
6. The wife totally talked a bunch of smack about me gloating because I’m awesome at Wii tennis. The truth is I specifically make it a point to not gloat even when I beat her 7 out of 9 times like I did last night. And I’m not ashamed to say that she won those two games fair and square. I didn’t even let her win. That was impressive. And that’s not gloating. I’m complimenting her for beating me twice in one night. That says a lot about how good she is. It has nothing to do with me.
7. Also, Kelly hates it when I’m playing on the right side of the screen and the godlike announcer voice says “The right team won!” and I chuckle because it’s like a double entendre and then I apologize and try to convince her that it’s like if he said “The red team won!” and it turned out that you were playing with little mii avatars of Chinese President Hu Jintao or if he said “The left team won!” and your miis were Barack Obama and Joe Biden or if he said “The blue team won!” and your miis had big frowns and were sobbing inconsolably. Yeah, she hates that.