I saw a story about this on the news this morning before work. It seems a group of religious nuts have hung out and harassed customers at a sex shop in Uniontown, Indiana for the last three years. In shifts. 24/7/365. They take your picture and post it on their website. I don’t even know where to start with this. Therefore, I shall make a list.
1. These people have waaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands. And no, I’m not going to applaud them for their tenacity. Just because you’re an asshole who refuses to let an issue die doesn’t make you right.
2. Also, it is painfully obvious that these protesters are attention whores. There are plenty of worthwhile causes out there. This is NOT one of them. But I wouldn’t be devoting a whole post to them if they were out there feeding the hungry, now would I?
3. I went to their website and it is absolutely chock full of hatred. And typos too. It made me want to drive down there (it’s only about 70 miles south of Indianapolis) and try to get my picture taken. Really, I’m not sure if I can stop myself. I might have to go. For real. I’ll be sure to put up a link if they post my picture.
4. I think the store should consider promoting the fact that it has crazies out front who will take your picture FREE OF CHARGE. But wait, there’s more. They will also post your grainy picture online and even throw in clever little captions that appear to be written by eleven-year-old special-ed students.
5. Seriously though, it’s this kind of stuff that turns people off to religion. Okay, that’s not fair. There are also all those priests who fuck little children. And the hypocrites. And the money-grubbing snakes. And the people who blow up buildings. And, well, you get the picture.