- I can’t think of any food or recipe that isn’t enhanced by adding at least one of the two following ingredients: ice cream and/or cheese. Try it. Seriously, I can’t think of any. Let me know if you come up with one. But if you ever find yourself in a situation where you encounter such a foodstuff, I advise you to run away from it immediately. Because that’s just not right or natural.
- Speaking of ice cream, here’s a Helpful Husband Hint. When given a choice between two different spoons for eating your ice cream, always go with the smaller of the two. The little sampler spoons they have at Baskin Robbins are just about as good as it gets. Small spoons make the ice cream last for a much longer time. Or at least it SEEMS like it’s longer. Like shaving your pubes.
- Councilman Doug is one of my personal heroes. Okay, he’s a little pathetic at the moment. But still.
- Big D, our seven-year-old, is a little freaky sometimes. Tonight while we were playing outside, he started talking about his all-time favorite video game Need for Speed: Most Wanted. He mentioned that he thought it would be great if it had road races that you could set up yourself. He said if he could he would set up a race where it would start on the interstate at the third exit after the bridge. After getting off two exits down, turn left and then you would go about half a mile and take another left. After you go through the tunnel, it would go over the small hill and through the two big curves and then you would be at the bridge and… “Is it a sprint?” I interrupted asked. He looked at me like I was the Jolly Old King of Slobbering Idiotland, “No, it’s a circuit.” He couldn’t believe that I wasn’t completely following along in my head with his little virtual map. I’m really not exaggerating much here–in fact, I’m probably forgetting half the details of his race. If he reads this tomorrow, he’ll totally call me out and remind me about all the turns I forgot.
- “I like my sugar with coffee and cream.” Truer words were never spoken.